Connectors UIC 558
The UIC 558 VE connects control lines for door, public address and lighting systems from carriage to carriage throughout the train. Since these connections are safety-relevant, the socket contacts have to be replaced periodically. But replacing individual contacts costs time: the individual wires in the cable have to be detached from the old contacts, and the new contacts crimped on. Then all connections require testing – an extremely time-consuming process for maintenance teams.
Replacement insert for socket contacts
To solve this problem, Schaltbau has developed a receptacle for the UIC 558 that has a replaceable insert. As a result, it is no longer necessary to replace the socket contacts individually. The maintenance technician simply places a new contact insert onto the crimp adapter. This only takes a few seconds, and it also eliminates the laborious testing process. The replacement insert reduces maintenance costs to a minimum.
What are the features of the UIC 558?
- Easy to use, with break-away function (non-destructive separation in accordance with UIC 558)
- Replacement insert with socket contacts implemented on both sides
- Crimp adapter with pre-assembled pin insert
- Direct in-situ replacement
- No need to rewire the rail vehicle
- Electrical testing not required
UIC connector for safety applications