Connectors M1 Series
Mobile crane vehicles are used when no stationary cranes are available on site, or where these cannot be used. A special challenge in mobile systems of this kind is the extreme mechanical loads resulting from impacts, shocks, falling rocks and vibrations. In addition, dust, dirt, heat, cold and moisture affect the control technology components.
What tasks do M series connectors perform in mobile cranes?
- M1 series connectors are used to connect the winch on the folding jib at the end of the telescoping boom to the crane controller.
- Using a pendant control, operating personnel on the ground can extend and retract the slewing telescopic boom. The connecting cable to the vehicle is equipped with Schaltbau M1 series connectors.
Why Schaltbau M1 series connectors are used here:
When selecting electrical components, it is essential to take the increased requirements of harsh environmental conditions into account, and fit particularly robust components of the highest quality. Thanks to their material and surface protection, Schaltbau connectors are ideal for such extreme stresses.
Special features for this application:
- Glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing
- Dustproof and water pressure tight with protection class IP67 / IP69K
- Temperature range from -40 to +100 °C
Connectors in junction boxes for tunnel lighting